Field Producer, O&O
This was removed by the employer on 1/19/2024 3:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Field Producer, O&O jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Field Producer, O&O postings
Full Time Job
Fox News owns and operates affiliates in the largest and most dynamic markets in America. We're looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial, logistical, and leadership skills to fill a Field Producer in our Washington D.C. Bureau to provide content for those stations and other Fox affiliates. The Field Producer will be responsible for working with reporters to obtain information, write scripts, build graphics and deliver compelling live shots and packages on tight deadlines. Aggressively seeking out additional information and pitching stories is critical to success in this position. A natural curiosity of news is a must. You must be willing to travel on short notice to breaking news locations. While working in the field, you will be responsible for leading the team, balancing management requests, crew needs, and station requests.
Must be flexible with your schedule and willing to travel and work both weekdays and weekends.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Find elements, log events, identify news developments, and write scripts
• Work closely with Fox-owned affiliates to facilitate requests and answer questions on daily news stories
• Is read-in and familiar with daily developments on stories from politics and breaking news to entertainment
• Work with reporters to set up interviews, ask questions and obtain information to craft and produce live shots and packages
• Monitor wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for news developments
• Build graphics, chyrons, and lower thirds for story delivery
• Pitch story ideas
• Work with editors to make sure we deliver visually compelling stories
• Travel, field produce, and coordinate crew movement on breaking news stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 5 years of experience in a local or national newsroom
• Experience with producing news live shots and packages both in-house and in the field
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills with a focus on accuracy and proper grammar
• Keen understanding of how to gather and disseminate news
• Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.