Field Producer, Bureau
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2023 11:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Field Producer, Bureau jobs in Denver-CO
Search all Field Producer, Bureau postings
Full Time Job
Fox News is committed to accurate reporting and journalistic excellence. The Denver Bureau supports a talented team of positive and motivated journalists, passionate about delivering fair and compelling stories. Joining America's number one cable news channel is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fast-paced organization.
Fox News is looking for a field producer to work in the Denver Bureau. As a field producer, you will cover major stories (including breaking news) and use your editorial skills to follow leads and pitch stories that are original and insightful.
We are looking for someone with flexible hours and the ability to work weekdays, weekends and extended hours.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce reporter liveshots and pkgs on location and in the Denver Bureau.
• Travel domestically and internationally to cover breaking news, often at the last minute for extended periods of time.
• Pitch and develop original story ideas.
• Handle newsgathering logistics, book travel, and assign field crews.
• Coordinate all aspects of production, including booking, writing, ordering graphics and producing both live and taped segments.
• Candidate needs to demonstrate strong communication skills to work with correspondent and photographers in the field.
• Develop and cultivate reliable and authoritative sources
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
• 5 years experience as a field producer, reporter, writer and/or editor at a news organization
• Extensive field production experience
• Strong communication, research and writing skills
• Extensive list of contacts/sources
• Production experience in liveshots, breaking news, packages and feature reporting
• Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news.
• A self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis and in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews and Dalet a plus.
• Social media skills beneficial
• Must be flexible with your schedule and able to work both weekdays, weekends and extended hours as news warrants
• Ability to shoot and operate a LiveU preferred
• Willingness to travel and work long hours, including weekends with short notice
• A passion for news, politics and current events.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize on a daily basis, especially in a breaking news situation
• Proficiency in Spanish preferred
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $68,000.00-91,000.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.