Full Time Job
The B1G Network is searching for a Feature Producer to join their team in Chicago, IL. As the Feature Producer, you will be responsible for researching, field producing, filming and editing short and long-form storytelling content for the B1G Network's signature storytelling series The Journey, along with several other B1G Network shows and projects. You will be tasked with arranging and conducting your own interviews, crafting the narratives of your story, and editing your content – sometimes on your own, sometimes alongside an editor. You will be responsible for generating ideas throughout the entire year and steering multiple content projects from start to finish. This position will report to the Senior Coordinating Producer of Original Programming.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce high-end storytelling features – both short-form (3-5 mins) and long-form
• Produce 30- and 60-minute documentaries and storytelling original programs
• Research and pitch feature, documentary, and original show ideas
• Work directly with school contacts to request and arrange interviews
• Craft interview questions and conduct ALL interviews for features and shows
• Search for and capture the perfect shots
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Edit own material using Adobe Premiere
• Operate various types of cameras in the field to capture b-roll for features and shows
• Film live action sports with a strong eye for scenics
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Motivation for excellence – a great storyteller, not someone who just wants to ''get the job done''; someone who uses every bit of time possible to continue improving the product
• Be a self-starter – someone who is unafraid to make cold calls to research a story, wants to push the pace, has an incessant curiosity about what might make for a good story, constantly reading and learning about Big Ten sports and the stories surrounding its participants, and raises their hand for the hard assignment and doesn't wait to be assigned work
• Strong knowledge of social media and be an excellent manager of digital media - what content works best on what platform
• Hyper attention to detail – values accuracy and hates having factual or graphic mistakes make air
• Mastery of video editing using Adobe Premiere and ability to operate high-end video equipment
• Familiarity with LucidLink
• Excellent eye for great footage
• Familiarity and comfort level with different types of cameras, lenses
• Ability to manage own media in the field
• Basic understanding of lighting interviews and ability to communicate effectively with ENG camera crews re: interview framing, scenics, and live action
• Ability to download media from camera cards to hard drive
• Strong knowledge of sports and BTN sports
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Be a team player and team builder with a positive, can-do disposition
• Possess strong work ethic and ability to work off hours and weekends
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Capability to be a prompt responder to all forms of communication (email, Slack, text, phone)
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• College degree
• 3+ years of experience working as a content creator
• Experience producing features, conducting interviews, and well-traveled
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.