Fall Paid Intern - Ad Sales Program
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
FOX is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The FOX Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest sports, media, and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
Please note this internship will primarily offer roles that require interns to work on-site, with a few remote opportunities.
On-site locations include Los Angeles, CA, and New York, NY.
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Current class standing of sophomore, (second-year college student) or above
• Committed and available to work for the entire length of the program
• Access to own housing and transportation to/from the assigned internship site
• Submit a 1-page resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (PDF Preferred)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a good fit for our program
• Share your top areas of interest
STUDENTS ACCEPTED INTO THE FALL 2023 PROGRAM:
Are required to provide a copy of an unofficial transcript or letter from adviser/registrar showing proof of enrollment
AREAS OF PLACEMENT:
You will be considered for an internship based on the content of your cover letter, as well as your prior experience and interests, as determined during the recruitment process. Areas of placement include:
• Ad Sales Marketing/Partnerships
• Sales Pricing & Planning/Digital Yield
• Digital Ad Sales
• Business Development, Digital
• Account Management
• Ad Operations
• Ad Sales Research
FALL 2023 SCHEDULE:
General Application Deadline: Sunday, July 9, 2023
Program Timeline: Monday, September 11, 2023 - Friday, November 17, 2023
Scheduled Weekly Hours:?16-24 hours per week
NOTE: Schedules vary based on department needs and your availability. We do our best to work around your class schedule.
STANDING OUT AS A TOP CANDIDATE:
Successful students have:
• Knowledge of current FOX programming and talent
• The ability to maintain a professional demeanor when interfacing with talent and executives
• The ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• The ability to work well on teams and collaborative efforts
• A self-starter attitude and proactive nature
• Knowledge of the company and news/media industry
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of current events on a national scale
• Knowledge of software systems and programs relevant to your desired area of placement.
• Strong attention to detail
FOX Master Classes: A variety of presentations, panels, discussions, and trainings geared toward advancing your knowledge of our company, industry, and software systems
Professional Development Series: A variety of activities geared toward enhancing your professional development
Networking Opportunities: Numerous opportunities to connect with fellow interns and other professionals within the company
Get Published: Showcase your skills and build your portfolio by pitching stories, writing, and producing for our online properties
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $17.50-17.50 per hour.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.