Fall Intern - Technology Program
Part Time Unpaid Internship
FOX is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The FOX Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest sports, media, and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
Please note this internship will primarily offer roles that require interns to work on-site in Tempe, AZ.
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Current class standing of sophomore, (second-year college student) or above
• Strong academic record
• Committed and available to work for the entire length of the program
• Access to own housing and transportation to/from the assigned internship site
• Must be able to work on-site in Tempe, AZ
STUDENTS SELECTED TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:
• Must demonstrate knowledge of the company and media industry
• Submit a 1-paged resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (PDF Preferred)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a good fit for our program
• Share your top areas of interest and
• I ndicate your office location of choice
STUDENTS ACCEPTED INTO THE FALL 2023 PROGRAM:
• Are required to provide a copy of an unofficial transcript or letter from adviser/registrar showing proof of enrollment
AREAS OF PLACEMENT:
You will be considered for an internship based on the content of your cover letter and your prior experience and interests, as determined during the recruitment process. Area of placement may include (but are not limited to):
• Broadcast Engineering
• Data Science
• Electrical Engineering
• Growth & Delivery
• Information Technology
• Machine Learning
FALL 2023 SCHEDULE:
• General Application Deadline: Sunday, July 9, 2023
• Program Timeline: Monday, September 11, 2023 - Friday, November 17, 2023
• Scheduled Weekly Hours:?16-24 hours per week
• NOTE: Schedules vary based on department needs and your availability. We do our best to work around your class schedule.
STANDING OUT AS A TOP CANDIDATE:
Successful students have:
• Knowledge of current FOX programming and talent
• The ability to maintain a professional demeanor when interfacing with talent and executives
• The ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• The ability to work well on teams and collaborative efforts
• A self-starter attitude and proactive nature
• Preferred majors in Production (Film or Television), Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, and Business Administration
• Knowledge of software applicable to your areas of placement. For example HTML, Python, Java, SQL, Tableau
• FOX Master Classes: A variety of presentations, panels, discussions, and trainings geared toward advancing your knowledge of our company, industry, and software systems
• Professional Development Series: A variety of activities geared toward enhancing your professional development
• Networking Opportunities: Numerous opportunities to connect with fellow interns and other professionals within the company
• Get Published: Showcase your skills and build your portfolio by pitching stories, writing, and producing for our online properties
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.