FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FOX 11 is looking for an executive producer to oversee specified newscasts and locally produced sports shows. This position includes managing news and sports personnel in conjunction with the FOX 11 leadership team. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, team oriented leader with strong editorial judgment and a proven track record of news leadership. We are looking for someone with experience as an Executive Producer. Qualified candidates will need to manage a staff with the goal of producing relevant, quality news and sports content using the highest standards in both journalism and production values.
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience as a news Executive Producer or supervising producer in a major market
• Experience in overseeing or producing newscasts and sports shows in a medium to major news market preferred
• Exceptional news judgment, strong writing and copy editing skills
• Knowledge of newsroom computer systems, particularly iNews preferred.
• Ability to filter and disseminate crowd-sourced information while maintaining station standards for fact-checking and accuracy.
• Excellent people and communication skills.
• Ability to work well with others, particularly during high-pressure situations.
• Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays, overnight and extended hours during unscheduled and breaking news situations.
• College degree preferred
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.