Executive Producer, Weather
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2023 6:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Producer, Weather jobs in New York-NY
Search all Executive Producer, Weather postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking, and creative Executive Producer to join FOX Weather!
We are looking for a natural leader, a proven go-getter, and someone who wants to take their creativity, passion, and career to the next level as part of the FOX Weather programming team. You are a master of storytelling and know the power of creating compelling segments and shows for the FOX Weather audience. You are a visionary who also has strong attention to detail.
FOX Weather is an ad-supported digital weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge digital products, engaging on-the-go audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
This position reports to the VP of Programming.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Content development and production for a FOX Weather streaming daypart
• Work with the show team and on-air meteorologists to deliver critical weather news and feature compelling weather stories
• Manage and develop other show team members, coaching them to utilize best practices and grow in their careers
• Participate in daily team meetings to develop strategies for FOX Weather programming
• React to breaking weather news and ensure content is being covered as news happens
• Plan future coverage in anticipation of high-profile events
• Work in partnership with newsgathering resources to ensure the best content from internal partners and external sources is highlighted in our coverage
• Provide feedback on FOX Weather user experiences
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 8 years of professional programming and production experience, including live control room skills
• Must have a passion for weather - weather experience is a plus!
• Decisive and skilled management of a control room
• Strong ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling television
• Excellent organizational and managerial skills, as well as the ability to create a collaborative environment that fosters teamwork
• Experience in local and national news and current affairs, and breaking news
• Experience and understanding of OTT, VOD, & streaming digital content on all platforms
• Enthusiasm for getting new products and platforms going and the creative energy to ignite great ideas and highly motivate direct reports and staff
• Excellent communication skills, a great collaborative spirit, and the ability to work under intense deadline pressure
• Knowledge of weather and meteorology, including forecasting tools and technology
• Experience with talent management
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $180,000.00-212,500.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.