Executive Assistant, Experience & Events
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Vice President of the department and has a career interest in experiential events, design projects, event technology, or production. The job requires a driven, detail-oriented, supremely organized, and efficient professional who is also personable, patient, and proactive. They must have a thirst for learning and thrive in a fast-paced environment while always remaining flexible. They will understand that the key to their success is always looking ahead to what's around the corner. The goal is to have this person on this desk for 2 years minimum working closely on projects with the EVP as well as other team events and projects. Once the core duties are mastered, they will start training in the area/s they are most interested in.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides daily administrative support to the Executive Vice President including heavy calendaring and communications with internal and external groups, vendors, suppliers, and hotels; arranges meetings; prepares documents and presentations for high-level meetings; completes expense reports; purchasing; creates call sheets; books travel arrangements and creates travel itineraries; coordinates site inspections; arranges couriers/messengers; compiles meeting minute notes; conducts creative research; completes Event Orders; assists with proofreading; meets/greets visitors; phones; ensures the team has all of the tools needed to effectively conduct projects, programs, meetings or events; office manager duties.
• As the office manager, ensuring continuous, smooth operation and functionality of the creative space and office is paramount. Office manager duties include office machinery and maintenance, keeping all public space tidy and organized, managing off-lot storage, coordinating donations to nonprofit groups, managing office supply ordering, etc.
• Works as the coordinator on the EVP's events and projects as needed. They will contact and communicate with vendors to confirm products, services, and pricing, assist with copywriting, F&B management, rooming list management, hotel bill reconciliation, process invoices, etc.
• Frequent exposure to C-suite executives and talent
• Communicates frequently with the Senior Team members and across the three departments within Creative Services.
• Builds relationships with other coordinators and assistants throughout the company.
• Keeps up with the latest cultural trends, restaurant, and venue openings. Awareness of new, untapped artists, designers, chefs, makers, etc. who might be fitting for projects.
• Works at the live events and corporate hospitality programs as needed.
• Ability to work overtime, late nights, or weekends over many days during busy periods. Some travel may be required
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Bachelor's degree
• One year minimum supporting an executive level VP or above
• 2-3 years experience as an executive assistant or office manager
• Follows through on everything
• The highest level of discretion is necessary
• Team player and knows how to creatively collaborate
• Previous entertainment, fashion, retail, or design experience a plus
• A pop-culture enthusiast
• The ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment while projecting grace under pressure
• Expert working knowledge in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Zoom. Will train on other specific platforms such as Monday.com.
• Willingness to get ''hands dirty'' with packing, unpacking, and organizing physical space
• This job requires the ability to lift boxes up to 25 lbs
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFOX Entertainment
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.