Executive Assistant, Alternative Entertainment
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Under regular supervision, this position is responsible for assisting the SVP of Current Production with administrative functions. Duties include answering phones and maintaining daily schedules; filing; processing expense reports; scheduling meetings and appointments; updating information on producers; tracking all submissions and pitches; entering due dates for cuts; and maintaining production paperwork. The ideal candidate will have one year of experience working for a high-level executive in the TV or entertainment industry. The individual will be organized, be able to identify priorities, have a flexible mindset, be an effective communicator, and handle confidential information with discretion in a fast-paced environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answers phones, routes calls, takes messages and maintains detailed phone logs. Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments.
• Prepares and processes expense reports. Manages and schedules domestic and international travel.
• Tracks all creative submissions and pitches. Manages internal documents for team and department. Maintains production paperwork. Performs various other duties, as required and assigned.
• Specific duties include greeting guests in a friendly and professional manner, scheduling a heavy calendar, coordinating and maintaining appointments/meetings, maintaining files, booking travel arrangements/reservations, and coordinating all other special projects.
• Create presentations and documents using PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Sheets.
• Act as liaison with other internal departments and external contacts to execute assignments and represent the President in a professional and efficient manner.
• Keep current on Company projects, events, and issues and provide updates to supervisor.
• Serves as back-up to other administrative assistants when necessary.
• Assist with departmental projects and events as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• 2+ Years as an Executive Assistant experience in Entertainment preferred.
• Previous entertainment agency or production experience required.
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced setting.
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly to changing business needs.
• Excellent verbal & written communication and follow-up skills required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote.
• Professional and friendly demeanor.
• Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to organize and establish administrative procedures independently, draft correspondence and reports, and work under pressure.
• Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives a must.
• Office coverage requires extended work hours – must be available to work overtime.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFOX Entertainment
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.