Editorial Writer, Fox & Friends First
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/8/2023 8:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editorial Writer, Fox & Friends First jobs in New York-NY
Search all Editorial Writer, Fox & Friends First postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for a talented Editorial Writer to join the #1 National Cable Morning Show, Fox & Friends, and Fox & Friends First. You use creative, compelling copy, are detail-oriented and thorough, and can handle the pressure of being the last set of eyes on stories before air. The Editorial Writer is also strong in a control room atmosphere and can communicate quickly and effectively with several people at once. The Editorial Writer likes to dig into details and find the most interesting part of the story.
You will be offered the following shift:
Monday - Friday from 11 PM - 7 AM, ET most days for Fox & Friends First
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Copyedit all headlines & reporter hits under tight deadline pressure
• Check graphics and videos to ensure they match writer scripts
• Communicate critical story information with producers and managers
• Be a leader for the writing team, helping them grow and develop
• Pitch story ideas
• Think outside the box to tell a story
• Understand the importance of utilizing and writing to video
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 3 years of major market experience
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Flexibility to work both weekend and weekday overnight hours
• Demonstrated ability to write creative and edgy stories
• Solid news judgment
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, and history
• Ability to work harder & faster during breaking news without compromising accuracy
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $73,000.00-90,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.