Editorial Producer, Lawrence Jones Cross Country
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Lawrence Jones Cross Country is looking for a creative, organized, and motivated individual with strong editorial skills to fill an Editorial Producer position. As the Editorial Producer, you will work Monday through to Friday to establish a plan for the week's coverage. The Editorial Producer will oversee the coordination and development of compelling packages and guest segments each week.
The Editorial Producer must be able to identify the week's biggest stories to incorporate into an editorial plan and identify upcoming opportunities for coverage. The Editorial Producer will be a senior member of the team and will be responsible for guiding field and segment producers in best storytelling practices. The Editorial Producer will also work directly with Lawrence Jones to prepare clear and compelling content each week.
SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with field producers to find best interviews and locations for weekly package shoots
• Work closely with anchor on presentation of editorial vision
• Copyedit scripts for long form packages and live show
• Provide editing feedback and approve final package edits before air
• Develop a long-term calendar for field shoots and staffing
• Fill in for show EP as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in a local or national newsroom
• Experience with producing long form packages
• Strong logistical and editorial skills
• A self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, especially in breaking news situations
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $92,000.00-108,500.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.