Editor, News Desk
Fox• Usa Remote, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2022 12:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editor, News Desk jobs in • Usa Remote-NY
Search all Editor, News Desk postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for an Editor to be a part of Fox News Digital's groundbreaking news team! You will assign and copy-edit articles, responding quickly and precisely to help Fox News Digital break news and cover developing events. You will work to ensure the digital news desk produces content that is accurate, fresh, and compelling.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Edit stories with speed and precision, conforming to AP and Fox News Digital style
• Assign stories that cover breaking news, trending news, and other news of the day
• Assist senior editors to ensure that breaking news alerts are sent out quickly and developing stories are updated continuously and accurately
• Monitor wires, social media, and internal emails for breaking news and updates to developing stories
• Multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
• Prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5+ years of Newsroom experience, preferably in a digital breaking news environment
• Experience with metrics platforms like Chartbeat and Omniture
• Prior CMS experience
• Excellent knowledge of SEO
• Ability to write and edit quickly on deadline
• Ability to work in both breaking news and long-term planning deadlines is a must, some holidays required
• Ability/flexibility to work mornings as required
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A positive and collaborative attitude
• Must be a self-starter with a strong news judgment and be a team player willing to jump in when needed in breaking news situations
• Proven capability to be creative and think 'outside the box'
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $58,400.00-78,400.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. $48,600.00-65,300.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.