FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
FoxNews.com is looking for an experienced Web Editor to report, write, and edit original and aggregated Lifestyle content, primarily in the areas of Americana, Travel, Food & Drink, Culture, and Real Estate. The Lifestyle Editor will work alongside a small team on weekdays, and independently on weekends, to report on Lifestyle-themed news stories of interest to the Fox News audience.
SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work efficiently to identify, report, write, edit and publish daily Lifestyle articles
• Report on breaking news that pertains to Lifestyle verticals under strict deadline pressures
• Monitor Google Trends, social media, wire services, etc., to stay up-to-date on breaking and trending news
• Work with partner sites and affiliates to identify and syndicate partner content that would be of interest to the audience
• Manage a portion of the Lifestyle vertical to maximize traffic
• Monitor site traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, and media initiates
• Formulate Lifestyle pitches for longer-term pieces; research and gather information/elements for evergreen or longer-form stories
• Research, write and contribute articles to ongoing Features series
• Update the Lifestyle social media accounts
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3 - 5 years of experience, preferably with Lifestyle verticals
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Experience in digital newsroom reporting, writing, and editing content for Americana, Travel, Food, or Lifestyle verticals
• Strong background in reporting and writing hard news and breaking news preferred – we create content for Lifestyle verticals, but often with a hard-news edge
• Familiarity with Photoshop or photo-editing software
• Thorough knowledge of Associated Press style guide
• Ability to work independently and efficiently during weekend shifts
• Excellent communication skills
• Multimedia interests/experience preferred
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.