Fox• Usa Remote, NY
Full Time Job
Foxnews.com is looking for an Editor, Flash who is well-versed in media, politics, and pop culture and has a clear understanding of the Fox brand and audience to join the team. We're looking for an Editor who can identify editorial angles that will drive conversations around the news of the day as well as bigger-picture issues.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor news and come up with editorial angles to pursue for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com
• Cover Fox platforms - including Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox Nation, Fox Radio, and more – as well as other media
• Cut video from shows for use in articles or the homepages of FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com
• Assign and edit pieces when needed
• Write and/or copyedit scripts, headlines, and copy; gather elements and coordinate production with technical staff
• Ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed and smooth handover is made to the next shift
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
• At least 3 years of experience in news, TV, or daily video
• Experience with digital analytics to monitor and build traffic
• Experience using content management systems and video editing systems
• Familiarity with AP style, strong knowledge of current events and politics
• Strong SEO and social media skills
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Ability to pivot between breaking news stories and in-depth projects with longer deadlines
• Ability/flexibility to work mornings, evenings, or weekends as required
• Ability to be a self-starter with strong news judgment for a digital audience
• Strong command of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Illustrator preferred
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $73,000.00-90,000.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $60,800.00-75,000.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.