Director, Physical Production\
FoxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/23/2023 6:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Physical Production\ jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Physical Production\ postings
Full Time Job
Director, Physical Production Marvista Entertainment
Reporting to the Head of Production, the Director of Physical Production will work with the department in all aspects of physical production and postproduction across our broad spectrum of original productions and acquisitions. This individual's primary focus will be supervising MarVista's international slate including Latin American films. The key function of this position is to manage and keep the team apprised of multiple projects requiring daily contact with internal and external stakeholders
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Directs and m aintain s studio oversight on a slate of 80+ projects per year (movies and series)
• Oversees and manages multiple projects simultaneously; builds and maintains relationships with key external partners
• Engages creative executives and external producers on preliminary breakdowns, budgets, and schedules
• Partners closely with the Production Accountant across a range of budget levels to review budgets and cashflows, monitor cost reports, hot costs, residuals, and security deposits.
• Tracks the pipeline status for each project for both Production and Postproduction
• Collaborates with Production Finance teams to organize and run weekly Post-Mortem meetings to review and reconcile delivered projects
• Liaises with Business Affairs to ensure efficient sharing of information and deal tracking
• Identifies vendors and deals to be implemented across our large volume of productions
• Assesses production locations and tax incentive opportunities
• Owns projects, processes, programs, and resources
• Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Ability to multitask, collaborate across cross-functional teams, detail-oriented, problem-solver
• Ability to develop and maintain key relationships
• Bachelor's degree in related area
• Exceptional organizational skills and detail-oriented to manage many projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of and experience with Latin American production and tax incentives, preferred.
• Knowledge of Final Draft
• Knowledge of Postproduction flow
• Knowledge in union and guilds: IA, DGA, WGA Teamsters and SAG (Modified Low Budget through Basic agreement)
• Minimum of 7 -10 years of experience in physical production (TV, TV Episodic, Feature Film)
• Proven leader who cares about culture, building relationships and delivering best-in-class work
• Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office, MS Outlook, Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
NICE TO HAVE
• Fluent in Spanish (read, write, speak)
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $100,000.00-112,000.00 annually for California. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.