FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Director, Casting to be an integral member of the creative team that develops and produces content for Fox Entertainment and Tubi. You will be responsible for overseeing casting on various scripted projects, including current series, pilots, and shows in development. This opportunity will give you the chance to work closely with casting directors and studio counterparts to cast every speaking role, scout new up and coming talent as well as review and recommend talent for shows. You will also serve as the internal point person for all casting-related matters on network shows.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee casting of network pilots, presentations, and Tubi originals, which includes liaising with casting directors, studio counterparts, producers, business affairs, and the internal programming team
• Oversee casting for current series and manage all guest cast approvals
• Approve casting breakdown language to make sure it conforms with creative and legal requirements for new roles
• Maintain multiple casting department documents on a daily basis for all covered series
• Attend network table reads, run-throughs, tapings, and review dailies
• Provide feedback to colleagues and producers on actor performances as well as on development notes when requested
• Scout and meet with emerging acting talent and build relationships between the network and on-air talent
• Generate casting lists for projects in development and new roles that will be added to the existing series
• Generate casting director lists for potential hires on new and existing shows
• Interface with various departments internally regarding the progress of casting important and newsworthy roles
• Create tracking lists of talent the network should try to pursue
• Attend corporate and press events that involve talent and serve as a liaison between talent, their representation, and the network
• Take and evaluate pitches and scripts in support of the comedy, drama, and animation development teams
• Help the Casting department organize and coordinate the yearly Fox Night of Comedy event that exposes trusted partners and colleagues to exciting emerging voices in the comedy space
• Assist in providing assignments to and mentoring the casting department interns during their time in the Fox intern program
• Meet with top LA talent agents and managers to learn their client lists and cultivate relationships with those agents/managers to become familiar with new, up and coming talent to introduce to the department
• Scout for talent by attending theatre, film festivals, comedy shows, drama school showcases, and agency showcases; take general meetings with actors and consistently recommend new talent for roles on FOX series as well as TUBI originals
• Build relationships with On-Air talent to better service the Project/Actor's needs throughout various Press, Marketing, and Publicity events; cultivate relationships with Actors for future jobs on our Network
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A minimum of 4 years of casting experience working at an independent casting office as an associate or at an agency, studio, or network at Manager level or above
• Experience with casting software and websites including Breakdown Services, EcoCast, Cast-It, IMDB Pro, and Studio System
• Proficiency with Zoom, Word, Excel, Outlook, basic web-savvy, PowerPoint
• Strong knowledge of television writers, producers, casting directors, and talent
• A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal and business relations
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with executives, producers, and others in the development community
• Good organization and project management skills
• The ability to multitask and work effectively with changing priorities and deadlines is required.
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
• Prior corporate casting experience at a studio or network
• Video editing skills
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFOX Entertainment
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.