Director, Brand Communications
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
FOX Sports is searching for a Director of Brand Communications to join our team. The role is preferred to be a hybrid model in Los Angeles but has the possibility to be remote. As the Director, you will be responsible for implementing strategic communications and publicity campaigns for FOX Sports' digital initiatives, programming, and talent as well as podcast programming. Additionally, you will oversee the creation, editing and dissemination of content for the FOX Sports PR staff across digital and social outlets. This role also handles internal communications in partnership with SVP and EVP for effective flow of information between the company and colleagues.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Share the FOX Sports brand story to consumers and media by engaging press through creative storytelling and directly via digital and social platforms
• Develop and execute social media strategy for FOX Sports PR department, including original content, behind-the-scenes access, and creation of department-wide content calendar
• Manage FOX Sports' PR social following and will investigate the use of paid campaigns and/or additional platforms where appropriate to grow followers and deepen engagement
• Monitor FOX Sports programming and live events in order to service media professionals assigned to cover the event and handle real-time social media efforts during those assignments
• Create original content and develop strategy to enhance FOX Sports Press Pass; handle day-to-day maintenance
• Develop and nurture relationships with media professionals (i.e.: TV producers, talent bookers, columnists, reporters, bloggers) to secure media coverage and ensure awareness of FOX Sports' digital initiatives and event programming
• Write, edit and distribute press materials (press releases, media alerts, pitch letters, FOX Sports Notes, on-air talent/executive bios, photos) detailing FOX Sports' digital initiatives and podcasts to the media
• Coordinate and execute internal communications initiatives, company notes, town halls, special events, newsletters
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 6+ years public relations experience in an agency, network and/or media outlet
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and a proven ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Excellent people skills and the ability to communicate well with differing personalities both internally and externally
• Ability and desire to cover televised events live often on nights and weekends
• Extensive knowledge of social media strategy and digital content creation
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or a related area
• Video production experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.