Director, Audience Development & Partner Platforms
FoxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/18/2024 9:06:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Audience Development & Partner Platforms jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Audience Development & Partner Platforms postings
Full Time Job
TMZ is looking for a Director, Audience Development & Partner Platforms. This position will partner with site leads, building loyalty with TMZ's existing audience while also developing and implementing a content distribution strategy designed to extend the reach across social networks, third-party platforms, search, newsletters, and more. This role will manage the social media, audience development and digital video teams.
The ideal candidate must be an innovative, goal-oriented, strategic thinker with deep knowledge of audience development and social media for a breaking news operation. We're looking for someone who is self-motivating and detail oriented, with celebrity news / pop culture knowledge and the ability to work in a fast-paced news environment.
The position supports all TMZ websites and TV shows and reports to the Executive Producers and is based out of Los Angeles, CA.
• Work day-to-day managing a successful, results-oriented team of Producers creating content for platforms including our O&O sites, social channels, YouTube, Snapchat, and TikTok.
• Partner with the TMZ editorial team to identify new content strategy opportunities, and advise on day-to-day optimizations, such as with headlines for search and social media.
• Develop distribution strategies across multiple platforms that amplify and extend TMZ's reach via third-party platforms, social partnerships, SEO, newsletters, etc.
• Explore new distribution platforms and, in collaboration with editorial stakeholders, evaluate whether the brand should participate, and communicate best practices for traffic driving and engagement.
• Follow industry trends, look for growth opportunities, and present to management.
• Consistently monitor the changing social landscape and work with the team to implement new opportunities and best practices.
• Oversight and management of all content and distribution channels.
• Target daily, weekly, monthly, and annual goals, and report against them.
• Engage with stakeholders to facilitate analytics and reporting.
• Partner with the digital product team to optimize on-site placements and opportunities.
• Work with the digital sales group to execute on social media campaigns.
• Follow best practices for QA and security on all social channels.
• 4+ years in a leadership position running audience development and social media for an established publisher, news operation or media company.
• Strong team management experience and the ability to provide guidance when necessary.
• Deep business and technical knowledge of all social media channels, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Excellent copywriting skills.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, breaking news environment.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement department strategy.
• Experience using social media management and analytics tools (including Omniture)
• Experience using 3rd party tools to support workflow and strategic initiatives.
• Experience producing reports for management, team members, and stakeholders.
• Experience working with other media partners.
• Experience in development and execution of social media ad campaigns.
• BA/BS degree in related area preferred.
TMZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $140,000.00-150,000.00 annually for California. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.