Digital Video Specialist
FoxLos Angeles, CA
FOX Sports is looking for a Freelance Digital Video Specialist to join our team in Los Angeles. The Freelance Digital Video Specialist will use their expertise in broadcast operations and video production to clip and create compelling content that services FOXSports.com, the FOX Sports App, and all of FOX Sports' YouTube channels. In addition, you will assist with podcast production and distribution. You will need to have good news judgment, be able to interface with editorial and social media leaders and be proactive to recognize and execute new efficiencies in our workflows.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Video editing on Premiere, Quantel, and Wildmoka, including graphic layovers
• Editorial news judgement and headline sells geared towards site/app videos and mobile alerts
• Write metadata, crop photos in Photoshop and publish videos to foxsports.com on MPX
• Video sourcing and story development: finding good, shareable content in Dalet, Quantel, Wildmoka and beyond – and producing the content for multiple platforms including script writing, the clearing of clips for digital distribution, and co-producing with our social media, editorial, tech ops, and original edit teams
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Exceptional video editing skills on Premiere and Quantel
• Excellent writing and grammatical skills
• Outstanding editorial news judgement
• Strong knowledge of Mac, PC, MS Office, Quantel, Dalet, MPX, Wildmoka, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, and Slack
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
• Social media and podcast experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.