Digital Video Production Assistant - Fox Weather
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/17/2021 5:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Digital Video Production Assistant - Fox Weather jobs in New York-NY
Search all Digital Video Production Assistant - Fox Weather postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Digital Video Production Assistant - Fox Weather?
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Digital Video Production Assistant to join the FOX Weather team!
FOX Weather is a weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As the Digital Video Production Assistant, you have great communication skills, love to learn, and are an A+ team player. You thrive in a fast- paced environment that is constantly changing. You will be responsible for helping to provide the best content experience for Fox Weather including but not limited to managing the livestream experience, sourcing the best user generated content for the app, and editing the best video clips to be surfaced throughout the platform. You will learn audience development skills and assist with curating content when needed.
You're a good candidate for this role if you have the desire to develop into a strongdigital producer, editor or audience development specialistand want to help our team create high quality, journalistic, digital video.
This position reports to the Head of Audience Development & Video Operations.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create and manage daily livestream content on the Fox Weather app including but not limited to troubleshooting, creating metadata, and operating livestreams in real time
• Quality control/ troubleshoot video quality, manage deliverables and publish shows in a timely fashion
• Create and update entries into several video management systems entering metadata, creating a thumbnail, managing video assets, etc.
• Identify compelling video and edit content for multiple platforms within the app
• Curate content across all platforms and create clips from livestream for distribution
• Prepare select segments for Fox Weather 24/7 livestream programming
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Must have a passion for weather - weather/science experience
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment managing several projects at various points
• Must work well both independently (must be a self-starter) and collaboratively as part of an integrated team
• Ability to write headlines, descriptions, keywords
• Working knowledge Adobe Premiere and video editing skills
• Detail oriented, able to spot problems in the workflow, and report those problems back in a timely matter
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Degree in Journalism or related field
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.