Digital Production Assistant
Freelance Digital Production Assistant (Rotational Program)
The Fox News Media Digital Rotational Program is looking for excellent candidates to join our team. The program will place four candidates in three key departments throughout the Digital organization on a rotating basis, including the News Desk, Flash team, and Homepage team. As a Digital Production Assistant, you can handle a fast-paced environment and are creative, flexible, and have a ''can-do'' attitude. You are willing to learn, enjoy collaborating with a team, and eager to advance within the company. At the end of the program, the goal will be to find placement for the individuals who have successfully completed the program and proved themselves to be integral members of the FOX News Media Digital team.
You could be offered a variety of days/shifts across our 24/7 operation. Your schedule will most likely change during each rotation.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cut video from Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network shows for use on Fox News Digital platforms & YouTube
• Work closely with the Graphics Production team in finding and creating custom elements for Fox News Digital platforms
• Monitor Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network programming for compelling newsmakers/segments that can be featured on our sites
• Pitch, pull, and produce wire & partner content for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com
• Scour national and international media for stories that will resonate with our audience, aggregating with complete and proper attribution
• Write headlines and headline tests for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com homepages for all content verticals
• Have a creative and sharp eye to make compelling photo montages and photo illustrations via Photoshop that can be used on both sites
• Seek out and identify compelling images from a very large selection of wire service, news network, and content partner content
• Create slideshows to capture important and compelling events
• Multitask on tight deadlines in high-pressure environment
• Prioritize assignments and meeting deadlines, including close collaboration with program leads
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum 1 year online news experience either writing or producing
• Knowledge of CMS, Photoshop, and video editing systems is a plus but not required
• Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
• Experienced with multi-tasking several projects
• Excellent editorial judgment and knowledge of current events
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced 24-hour news environment, some holidays or shift changes required
• Be a team player willing to jump in when needed in breaking news situations
• Proven capability to be creative and think 'outside the box'
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelors or equivalent degree
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.