Digital Production Assistant, News Desk
Fox• Usa Remote, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a motivated Digital Production Assistant, News Desk to be a part of a groundbreaking online news team for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com. As a Digital Production Assistant, News Desk, you can handle a fast-paced environment and are creative, flexible, and have a ''can-do'' attitude. You are willing to learn, enjoy collaborating with a team, and are eager to advance within the company.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Do story research, including making phone calls to relevant parties and scouring social media
• Clear and license photos and videos for use across Digital and all Fox platforms, to power our visual storytelling
• Edit photos and videos in Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro
• Assist editors by pitching stories and pulling in wires
• Produce daily Fox News Flash Headlines videos featuring top stories
• Produce email newsletters
• Create slideshows to capture important and compelling events
• Produce content from outside stringers or contributors in Fox News and Fox Business CMS
• Train and onboard new PAs and college associates
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
• 1+ year working in a daily breaking news environment
• Ability to work under deadline pressures with editors and reporters
• Willingness and ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
• Keen news eye for big national stories across verticals
• Proven creative mind with a great eye for detail
• Photo and video editing experience, preferably in Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro, and prior experience working in a CMS
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $19.48-25.00 per hour for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $16.00-20.75 per hour for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.