Digital Production Assistant, Lifestyle
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
FOX News Digital is looking for full-time Digital Production Assistants to join the Lifestyle team! You will have the opportunity to be part of a team that writes, produces, and optimizes organic news content for FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com. You will need to be a fast, accurate writer and researcher with a broad range of interests in lifestyle topic areas.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Researching, writing, and producing multiple assigned short articles a day in lifestyle topic areas a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Selecting and adding multimedia features to articles (video, images, slideshows)
• Adhering to detailed article templates and word counts
• Producing compelling photo montages and illustrations
• Incorporating edits from supervisors
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• One year working in a news environment
• A track record of great writing, preferably involving reporting and research (clips/portfolio expected)
• Ability to work under deadline pressures
• A wide range of interests and deep knowledge of news and lifestyle
• Willingness and ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, or related discipline
• Experience with SEO
• Experience working in a CMS (WordPress preferred)
• Photoshop, Illustrator experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.