Digital Production Assistant, Entertainment
FoxLos Angeles, CA
The Fox News Digital Entertainment team is seeking a freelance production assistant to write and produce a high volume of content sourced from social media platforms and online forums. This person would be tasked with closely following - and mining potential story pitches from - platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, as well as online photo banks like Getty. Working with editors and reporters in New York and Los Angeles, this role includes creating and developing large volume of entertainment content, primarily in the form of articles. You will also work to ensure content is SEO-friendly.
NOTE: This is not an on-camera position.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitoring social media platforms and forums for the latest breaking or trending news items of interest to Fox News Entertainment readers
• Work quickly and efficiently to identify, write, edit and publish entertainment and celebrity content that clicks on the homepage and is picked up by search engines and drives traffic through social media
• Producing several pieces of content, per day, based on social media posts and photographs, etc.
• Write compelling SEO-friendly headlines and present images that click across FoxNews.com
• Managing a portion of the homepage to maximize traffic to the Entertainment section
• Monitoring site traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, and media initiates
• Researching, writing and contributing articles to ongoing Features series and evergreens
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Close familiarity with social media platforms and forums including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
• The ability to identify trending news or viral trends impacting, or being of interest to, readers of the Fox News Entertainment verticals
• Background reporting and writing for Entertainment verticals
• Comprehensive knowledge of today's entertainment and celebrity landscape
• Familiarity with Photoshop or photo-editing software
• Thorough knowledge of Associated Press style guide
• Flexibility to work mornings, weekends and evenings as needed
• Excellent communication skills
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.