Digital Production Assistant, Entertainment
FoxLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/18/2021 6:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Digital Production Assistant, Entertainment jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Digital Production Assistant, Entertainment postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Digital Production Assistant, Entertainment? The Fox News Digital Entertainment team is seeking a freelance production assistant to write and produce a high volume of content sourced from social media platforms and online forums. This person would be tasked with closely following - and mining potential story pitches from - platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, as well as online photo banks like Getty. Working with editors and reporters in New York and Los Angeles, this role includes creating and developing large volume of entertainment content, primarily in the form of articles. You will also work to ensure content is SEO-friendly.
NOTE: This is not an on-camera position.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitoring social media platforms and forums for the latest breaking or trending news items of interest to Fox News Entertainment readers
• Work quickly and efficiently to identify, write, edit and publish entertainment and celebrity content that clicks on the homepage and is picked up by search engines and drives traffic through social media
• Producing several pieces of content, per day, based on social media posts and photographs, etc.
• Write compelling SEO-friendly headlines and present images that click across FoxNews.com
• Managing a portion of the homepage to maximize traffic to the Entertainment section
• Monitoring site traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, and media initiates
• Researching, writing and contributing articles to ongoing Features series and evergreens
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Close familiarity with social media platforms and forums including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
• The ability to identify trending news or viral trends impacting, or being of interest to, readers of the Fox News Entertainment verticals
• Background reporting and writing for Entertainment verticals
• Comprehensive knowledge of today's entertainment and celebrity landscape
• Familiarity with Photoshop or photo-editing software
• Thorough knowledge of Associated Press style guide
• Flexibility to work mornings, weekends and evenings as needed
• Excellent communication skills This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.