Assistant, Development and Current, Fox Alternative Entertainment
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Assistant, Current and Development, Fox Alternative Entertainment, will be responsible for providing daily executive and administrative support for the two VPs of Development. They must have superb organizational skills, an eye for detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, has an understanding of the industry, and a desire to work in unscripted television. It is important for this person to be able to anticipate the needs of the executives, confidently multi-task, and prioritize under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Must be a self-starter. This person should feel comfortable interacting with various executives and high-level personnel and should feel confident acting as a liaison between executives, agents, talent, and buyers. Looking for someone to grow with the company.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greet guests, answer and roll calls, schedule a heavy calendar, coordinate and maintain appointments/meetings, maintain files, book travel arrangements/reservations, and coordinate all other special projects
• Act as liaison with other internal departments and external contacts to execute assignments and represent the President in a professional and efficient manner
• Keep up to speed on competitive development across the unscripted landscape
• Create and maintain a comprehensive database of pitches, current and past development.
• Keep current on Company projects, events, and issues and provide updates to your supervisor
• Provide personal assistance on various projects and activities
• Coordinate travel arrangements (domestic and international) and other administrative duties (i.e. processing travel and expense reports, filing, etc.)
• Serve as back-up to other administrative assistants when necessary
• Assist with departmental projects and events as needed
• Assist on set when needed with productions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant
• Previous entertainment agency or production experience
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced setting
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly to changing business needs
• Excellent communication and follow-up skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Advanced Excel, Powerpoint, and Keynote
• Able to organize and establish administrative procedures independently, draft correspondence and reports, and work under pressure
• Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives
• Office coverage requires extended work hours – must be available to work overtime
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFOX Entertainment
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.