This was removed by the employer on 5/28/2021 4:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Desk Assistant jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Desk Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Desk Assistant?
Desk Assistant, D.C. Bureau
Fox News is looking for a freelance desk assistant to join our Assignment Desk team in the DC Bureau. As a freelance desk assistant you will work on the Assignment Desk as an assistant to the Assignment Editor in coordinating coverage, moving crews, answering phones, reaching out to agencies for information and reacting to breaking news in a fast paced 24-hour news environment. Other duties include working with our production team and editors to search VIZ and Ardome to find and match appropriate video to live television scripts. You are a curious individual that is hungry to learn, willing to ask questions and works daily to build your skills.
Must be willing to work weekends, overnights, early mornings and late shifts.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Assignment Editor with dispatching crews and keeping track of guest requests and crew movements
• Field calls from those inside the company and outside the company assisting in tracking information
• Monitor news, reaches out to appropriate authorities to attempt to confirm breaking news information
• Work alongside the Assignment Editor to monitor developing news stories
• Assist in logging DC news events with an emphasis on highlighting new developments
• Monitor wires, social media and other broadcast networks for news developments
• Reach out to agencies, government departments and fox personnel to gather and confirm information
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and experience in a local or national newsroom
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
• Familiarity with the various D.C. government agencies
• Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
NICE TO HAVES
• Fam iliarity with iNews and Outlook a plus
• Knowledge of the DC area a plus
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.