This was removed by the employer on 4/12/2021 1:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Desk Assistant jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Desk Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Desk Assistant? Desk Assistant, D.C. Bureau
Fox Business is looking for a Desk Assistant to join our Assignment Desk team in the DC Bureau. As a Desk Assistant, you will be an assistant to Assignment Editors in coordinating coverage, moving crews, booking satellites, accommodating guests, newsgathering, reaching out to agencies for information, and reacting to breaking news in a fast-paced 24-hour news environment. You are a curious individual that is hungry to learn, willing to ask questions, and works daily to build your skills.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Assignment Editor in dispatching crews and keeping track of guest requests and crew movements
• Field calls from those inside the company and outside the company and assist in tracking information
• Monitor news and reach out to appropriate authorities to attempt to confirm breaking news information
• Work alongside the Assignment Editor in monitoring developing news stories
• Assist in logging DC news events with an emphasis on highlighting new developments
• Monitor wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for news developments
• Reach out to agencies, government departments, and FOX personnel to gather and confirm information
• Collaborate with our production team and editors to search VIZ and Dalet to find and match appropriate video to live television scripts.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Experience in a local or national newsroom
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
• Familiarity with various D.C. government agencies
• A self-starter who can work independently as well as be a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of the DC area
• Familiarity with iNews and Outlook This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.