Deputy Managing Editor, Homepage & Social Media
Fox• Usa Remote, NY
Full Time Job
The Fox News Digital team is looking for a highly experienced Homepage & Social Media Deputy Managing Editor with years of experience covering news and social media at the national level. You will oversee and manage a large team to showcase exclusive and original content and news across multiple platforms using editorial judgment, creativity, and analytics to inform, intrigue, and impact the largest audience possible.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee Homepage & Social Media coverage on foxnews.com & foxbusiness.com and on their respective social media platforms
• Manage a team of Senior Editors, Editors, Associate Editors, and Production Assistants in a 24/7 news environment
• Assist the Homepage & Social Media Managing Editor with editorial direction and breaking news while helping to mentor/manage team members
• Collaborate closely with Managing Editors and other leaders across all verticals on Fox News Digital
• Monitor website and social media traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, and social media interactions
• Manage daily/weekly scheduling of team members
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum of seven years of experience managing a team in a senior management capacity
• Skilled at being precise, quick, and accurate with a clear and crisp writing style and impeccable copy-editing skills
• Excellent track record of achieving results in a fast-paced work environment
• Detailed knowledge of domestic & international news, U.S. and world politics, business, media, sports, lifestyle, and popular culture trends
• A high level of experience in managing and mentoring team members
• Ability to work in deadline-driven conditions and work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment
• Ability to be extremely flexible, work on holidays as needed, and always ''on-call'' mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
• Experience in closely monitoring and driving audience growth
• Track record of working with internal partners, across a large enterprise
• Strong attention to detail, with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize across multiple platforms
• Ability to quickly and independently problem solve
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Stellar judgment and news-gathering skills
• Exceptional organizational skills, multitasking capabilities & attention to detail
• Interpersonal skills and a collaborative, team-oriented approach
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.