Creative Services Trainee
Full Time Job
Are you a recent college graduate looking for a dynamic opportunity to work at a #6 DMA station (TEMPORARY – 6 months)? We are hiring a Creative Services Trainee who will assist the team on our new show ''Portia''.
Does this sound like you? You desire to learn new techniques. You are creative and have a passion for digital and social media platforms. You love a fast-paced environment and can work under the pressure of deadlines.
Assist Creative Services Department in creating and publishing multi-platform promotional content in support of FOX 5's social/digital initiatives and new show, ''Portia''.
• Plan social content to promote launch of ''Portia'' show
• Serve as lead creator of social content promoting weekly episodes of ''Portia''
• Provide social/digital content ideas for upcoming projects during creative pitch meetings
• Solid understanding of content creation tools within popular social apps
• Ability to write engaging social copy across various channels
• Capture social content during promotional image campaign shoots
• Solid news judgement and a grasp of local news, politics, and current events
• Cut video/sound and create graphics as needed for social content
• Create, write and schedule promotional emails within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Assist Digital Content Marketing Manager in weekly social posts
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Excellent writing, production and social content creation skills
• Team-player mentality with excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Passionate about social media
• Knowledge of television and studio production
• Basic computer skills are required
College degree preferably in Journalism, Broadcasting or Digital Media. Must be a recent graduate (within ONE YEAR or LESS).
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations owns and operates 29 full power broadcast television stations in the U.S. These include stations located in 14 of the top 15 largest designated market areas, or DMAs, and duopolies in 11 DMAs, including the three largest DMAs (New York, Los Angeles and Chicago). Of these stations, 18 are affiliated with the FOX Network. In addition to distributing sports, entertainment and syndicated content, our television stations collectively produce approximately 1,200 hours of local news every week. These stations leverage viewer, distributor and advertiser demand for the FOX Network's national content.