Creative Services Coordinator
FoxEden Prairie, MN
Full Time Job
Our Creative Services Department is looking for a talented Coordinator to join the Fox 9 team. This position requires an individual with strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task for a high volume of projects. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, a proactive attitude, a keen eye for detail and who is ready to jump in and hit the ground running in the fast-paced world of marketing and television.
• Works with the VP of Creative Services and Supervisor to coordinate daily promotion needs for the station, network, and syndicated shows
• Assists with organizing and implementing promotional strategies to align with station priorities – including internally and outside marketing
• Assists with promotional and audience efforts for ''The Jason Show'' and live ''Vikings'' and ''Gopher Shows''.
• Coordinates and implements digital/social media initiatives and content for the department. This includes social media ad buying - targeting, posting, and reporting of ads.
• Responsible for the creation and implementation of two (or more) daily promotional logs. Strategically place promotional materials in all open and fixed inventory.
• Maintains database of all promotional spots.
• Serves as the first point of contact for the Creative Services Department for on-air-related log issues.
• Provides event promotion coordination for the station to include banners, signage, vendor coordinator, supplies, etc.Often must be on-site for the promotional events to include bringing signage, give-away items, etc.
• Coordinates State Fair efforts for the station to include: the creation of the State Fair information binder, scheduling, organization of booth, activations, give-away items, etc.
• Provides basic editing, design, and TV production as needed.
• Completes required Sales and Corporate reports. Ensures proper completion of relevant legal documentation.
• Liaison between talent and management for community requests
• Manages station merchandise process. This includes researching and working with vendors to provide samples, ordering, and distributing to talent.
• Serves as the contest coordinator by working with legal to create rules and disclaimers and execution for contests overseen by the department. Will call and coordinate with winners for prize fulfillment.
• Assists in station mail distribution, coordinates station courier and shipping needs.
• Responsible for all administrative duties for the department to include: department financial tracking, invoice tracking, purchase orders, vendor logistics, expenses, etc.
• Answers incoming phone calls and outside parties outside the news operation and directs calls to the proper source.
• Updates vendor, affiliate rep, phone and sources list and other communication information for the department.
• All other duties as assigned.
Essential Problem Solving
Must be able to act with urgency, immediacy, and efficiency and make situation-appropriate decisions.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
• Solid judgment
• Ability to effectively multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize and consistently adhere to deadlines.
• Ability to work amid distractions.
• Must demonstrate situational flexibility and adaptability.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publishers, Access).
• Experience with Wide Orbit and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
• Ability to promptly transition among and between job assignments, projects, and functions.
al Requirements: Bachelors degree in journalism or work experience equivalent.
Experience Requirements: Minimum two (2) years of office/administrative support experience. Knowledge of TV/advertising.
Physical Requirements: Stand, sit, read a computer, lift up to 25 lbs., and walk short distances during most of working shift.
Work Schedule: 5 days a week (M-F); 9 hour days; some weekends are required for special events.
Work Conditions: Busy office environment.
This position description outlines broad essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of the referenced position. It is not intended, nor should it be construed to represent an exhaustive list of all essential duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the position.