Creative Production Assistant
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for providing support for the creation of promotional campaigns for FOX Sports. This includes acquiring, logging, and researching any materials needed for the production of a promo. The position works closely with the creative directors, producers, and project managers in the edit bays, on shoot locations, and in the office to ease and support the workflow for a given project.
Normal weekly hours are Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm PST. Due to the nature of the job/business, sometimes late hours/nights/weekends are necessary.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Organizing and tracking all folders, notes, files, tapes, and materials needed for the pre-production, production, and post-production phases for a given project. Provides overall production support and assistance to creative directors, producers, and project managers for the completion of a promo.
• Responsible for labeling, screening, logging, and dubbing melts, film transfers, and other footage as assigned.
• Responsible for researching images, clips, music, and footage needed for projects.
• Download, import, and export files for a project. Creates clip reels from materials screened to be brought in to edit bays.
• Research information on particular projects, sports, players, and teams.
• Assist in writing/producing on-air promotional spots as needed.
• Researching props, wardrobe, and other necessary items for shoots. Courier runs when necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree; preferably in a disciplinary area pertaining to the entertainment industry, intern experience in a similar field, or a vast knowledge of what it takes to produce a high-quality promotion or show.
• It is necessary to have experience in a job or internship in a similar atmosphere so that he/she understands what is expected and what the job entails.
• Knowledge of sports is a plus.
• Must have strong organizational, written and verbal communication, and follow-up skills.
• Basic level of mathematical/reasoning skills is necessary.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook is required. General internet search capability is necessary.
• Familiar with PC and Mac, Quicktime Pro, and Photoshop is preferred.
• Knowledge of production/tape format is a plus.
• Must demonstrate ability to learn and adapt to various situations, possess strong initiative and determination. Highly dependable, able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to deal with tight deadlines and rush situations in a composed professional way.
• Must be able to work the occasional weekend or late night on limited notice.
• Must be able to perform under stressful and pressure situations driven by tight deadlines and high expectations.
• Occasionally- must meet physical demands such as lifting and participating in sports-oriented activities, often as a point of reference or example on a shoot.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.