Capitol Hill Producer
Full Time Job
Fox News is hiring a Capitol Hill Producer. We are looking for a tenacious newsgatherer to join our Capitol Hill team in the Washington D. C. Bureau. This proactive, passionate, and self-motivated individual will work with our reporters and producers to break news and advance the networks' Congressional coverage.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop unique sources that allow you the opportunity to break news and stay ahead of the competition
• Provide editorial and logistical guidance to drive our Capitol Hill coverage
• Work closely with Fox News correspondents and producers across all platforms, helping to move stories forward by getting story scoops from lawmakers and having them react to news developments
• Pitch compelling, enterprise stories for television and digital platforms
• Track the latest developments in the various Congressional stories, aggressively reaching out to contacts and attending press conferences and events
• Prioritize the events that warrant coverage, taking into consideration available resources and the level of interest in the story
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 5 years of political reporting in a broadcast, print or digital work environment
• Strong contacts on Capitol Hill, the White House and federal agencies
• Exceptional editorial judgment and intricate knowledge of Capitol Hill, national and international politics
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, especially in breaking news situations
• Proficiency in shooting and digitally transmitting video
• Knowledge of the DC area
• Familiarity with the various D.C. government agencies
• Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews and Outlook a plus
• Must be willing to work weekends, overnights, early mornings and late shift
• Must be flexible with last minute schedule changes
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.