Broadcast Production Engineer
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fox News Media is looking for a Broadcast Production Engineer to join our team in New York, NY. As the Broadcast Production Engineer, you will be responsible for providing support and maintenance to our large infrastructure of media and broadcast systems, in a 24/7 live news environment. As part of the Production Engineering team within the Broadcast and Media Technology group, you will work with multiple engineering teams, in addition to the IT group and Helpdesk, various broadcast production and technical operations personnel, and the network operations group.
You must have a passion for broadcast engineering/IT and be comfortable with current media technologies, concepts, and emerging trends (i.e. Media over IP, Cloud Computing, etc.).
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support infrastructure for on-air broadcast production systems
• Studio Operations including video walls, video processing systems, and cameras
• Live Control Room production systems and subsystems
• Infrastructure systems including routers, intercom, monitoring, KVM, audio suites and, other live production related gear
• Respond to, communicate, manage, and track technical issues as they arise in a live 24/7 production environment
• Perform maintenance of subsystems including software and hardware updates, modifications, and replacements as warranted
• Implement and maintain process standards for deployment, and develop support documentation for operations personnel as needed
• Be part of a team that works hands-on with the latest generation of production systems and technologies
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5+ years of broadcast production and live television experience
• Versed in SMPTE standards for broadcast television and video production environments; examples include ST 292M, ST 424M, ST 2110, ST 2059, IEE1588, ST 2022-7, SCTE-104, etc.
• Strong technical ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast equipment including routers, switchers, audio boards, signal processors, video scalers, playback systems, etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot audio/video signals in traditional SDI and IP ST 2110 essence flow routing environment
• Understanding of studio and set technologies including video walls, cameras, VR set technologies, image processing systems, touch screens, and lighting
• Knowledge of multi-viewer systems and their interfaces to tally and UMD data
• Fundamental understanding of production control automation (e.g. Ross Overdrive) and Newsroom Computer System (NRCS) workflows
• Experience with file-based workflows and knowledge of enterprise Media Asset Management systems (e.g. Dalet)
• Working knowledge of MS Windows workstation and server platforms
• Experience with Linux variants including Red Hat, CentOS, and Ubuntu
• Basic knowledge of AWS Infrastructures including S3/Glacier storage and cloud compute (EC2) services
• Ability to troubleshoot and replace computer hardware components and proprietary broadcast equipment
• Ability to interpret technical documentation standards including AutoCAD, Visio, and Lucid Charts
• Demonstrated working knowledge of IT / networking theory, topology, and best practices
• Strong skills in the areas of root cause analysis, organization, and escalation to subject matter experts
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to frame issues clearly
• Strong desire to learn and cross-train, as well as a passion to maintain current knowledge of relevant and emerging technologies
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, work independently, and as part of a team in a collaborative manner
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent major, and/or equivalent work experience
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.