FoxDitrict Of Columbia, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/20/2022 1:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Booker, Kudlow jobs in Ditrict Of Columbia-NY
Search all Booker, Kudlow postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for a confident, highly motivated, proactive Booker to join our team. As a Booker for Kudlow on FOX Business, you will manage interviews with high-profile politicians, policymakers, and other newsworthy guests. You can perform successfully under short deadlines and know what it takes to get the exclusive. The Booker must have excellent people skills and understand the importance of building and maintaining relationships with potential guests & your co-workers. You thrive in a team environment and want to play a critical role in the growth of a new show!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Book guests under the deadline pressure of a daily live show
• Track down difficult-to-find people using social media & other tools
• Work collaboratively with co-workers to determine the best approach to securing high-profile interviews
• Conduct in-depth research and pre-interviews
• Pitch unique economic stories and guests of interest to our host and audience
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1-3 years of prior television (or similar) experience
• Strong knowledge of news, politics, and current events
• Familiarity with popular influencers, commentators & opinion makers
• Ability to establish/build positive relationships with guests and high-profile politicians
• Ability to maintain those relationships when bookings need to be canceled or rescheduled
• Willingness to see the big picture, and put the show's best interests above other priorities
• Know that news never stops, some work may be required outside regular hours
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• An extensive rolodex with contacts in politics
• Experience tracking down hard-to-find people using social media, LexisNexis, Accurint, etc.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.