Booker, The Claman Countdown
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a confident, highly-motivated, proactive Booker to join our team. As a Booker for The Claman Countdown, you will be responsible for securing interviews with high-profile politicians and newsmakers. You perform your best under deadlines, but can also book during off-hours, and know what it takes to find the unique guests that you won't see on other shows. You must have excellent people skills and understand the importance of building and maintaining relationships with potential guests. You thrive in a collaborative team environment and want to contribute to something great every single day. You are capable of putting together segment research, satellite bookings, and transportation. Script-writing experience is a plus.
SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch unique and interesting stories that our viewers will relate to
• Conduct research, write scripts, and compile well rounded pre- interviews
• Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live-show
• Strategize with your colleagues on best booking approaches
• Coordinate closely with your showrunner and talent to book the right guests
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• An extensive rolodex and can book everyone from high-profile guests, celebrities, and people at the center of major news stories
• Ability to work off hours remotely as needed to be competitive in your bookings
• Previous booking experience
• 3 years of experience in television
• Strong editorial judgment and a passion for news and current events
• Willing and able to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
• Good talent management skills
NICE TO HAVES
• A bachelor's degree and or relevant work experience
• Researching using Lexis Nexus, Accurint, INEWS
• Finding people via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.