Booker / Researcher, The Evening Edit
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive Booker/Researcher to join The Evening Edit. As a Booker/Researcher for FOX Business' Evening Edit, you understand the importance of the ''first phone call.'' You have the ability to reel in the big guest before anyone else by reacting to breaking news no matter the day or hour. You will do what it takes to get the exclusive, and you understand the level of commitment required to get the job done.
You will also be responsible for pitching stories, writing scripts, and selecting/building elements in a collaborative team environment. You are well-versed in business news, politics, and current events - and innately curious about everything else. You are a clever writer & excellent researcher who sees value in discovering unique angles/approaches to stories that no one else will find.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Strategize and collaborate with your colleagues on best booking approaches
• Book the right, best guests for the segment – always looking to upgrade
• Pitch unique and interesting guests, stories, and segments
• Conduct in-depth research and compile well-rounded pre-interviews
• Write stories, guest intros, teases, and banners
• Select elements such as sound, video clips, and graphics to help tell a story
• Additional responsibilities based on your unique talents/abilities
• Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live show
• Organized, detail-oriented and follows through
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• An extensive rolodex and can book everyone from high-profile guests, celebrities, and people at the center of major news stories
• Ability to work off hours remotely as needed to be competitive in your bookings
• Willing and able to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
• Good talent management skills
• A Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years of prior television (or similar) experience
• Strong knowledge of business news, politics, and current events
• Familiarity with politicians, commentators, and opinion-makers
• Ability to work collaboratively with others
• Ability to work independently and make smart decisions on your own
• Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $59,500.00-67,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.