Fox• Usa Remote, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/19/2023 4:36:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Booker, Outkick jobs in • Usa Remote-NY
Search all Booker, Outkick postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, experienced, and highly motivated Booker to join the OutKick family. The booker will be one who can react to any breaking news in the sports, sports culture, pop culture & political worlds. The candidate must be attentive in searching for guests, as well as creating and cultivating relationships. The Booker must also be well-read in the major newspapers, podcasts, streaming shows, and most importantly all social platforms. The Booker is responsible for offering creative segment ideas and original angles on well-covered topics every day.
OutKick aims for both compelling and qualified newsmakers to discuss the top stories of the day. You should have sound editorial skills as well as in-depth knowledge of the news, sports news, pop culture, and where all of the above intersect. We need a driven applicant who strives to identify top-tier guests and goes the extra mile to book them. You must also be able to work swiftly under deadline pressure, especially during breaking news coverage.
As a Booker at Outkick.com, you have the opportunity to work on all our streaming shows. You will work with a production team that will be tasked with producing compelling daily shows that will resonate with our viewers.
This position reports to the Outkick.com Senior Producer.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify strong guests, cultivate relationships and confirm bookings for all OutKick shows
• Conduct thorough research and compile comprehensive pre-interviews
• Effectively understand and communicate a guest's point of view on relevant topics
• Sift through past interviews and stories to find relevant sound, video, and perspectives to use in guest segments
• Manage daily deadline turnarounds of all OutKick shows
• Regularly pitch segments and creative story angles to show producers
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of experience in television
• Strong booking background
• Extensive rolodex of contacts
• A passion for current events
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to write effectively and creatively
• Flexibility to work long hours and weekends when news events warrant
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $73,000.00-80,000.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $60,800.00-66,600.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.