FoxNew York, NY
Fox News Media is seeking a skilled Freelance Audio Operator to join our NY Bureau. The Freelance Audio Operator will provide technical operational support for our studio and control room team. Candidates must be experienced with running an audio console for live and recorded programming.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operate audio board for live newscasts and productions
• Maintain studio audio equipment
• Manage audio within for live & taped broadcasts, including mic sources and IFBs
• Work with technical staff to satisfy production needs for live and pre-recorded programming
• Perform facility checks with A2 and Stage Manager for all mic and IFB positions in studio before daily production begins, including studio set up
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 3 years of experience in a TV Studio environment preferred
• Excellent communications skills required
• Must be a team player who works well with others in a fast-paced dynamic studio environment
• Ability to work under pressure
• Candidate must be available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
• Must be able to work in a control room for at least 2 hours without a break
• Proficient in building and execution of effects and shows on the Calrec Sigma, Artemis, and SSL System T consoles
• Strong knowledge of audio patch bays, Hydra BSP, signal flow, Enco playout system, and the ability to troubleshoot during live productions
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.