Audio Network Operator and Podcast Production Operator
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we're looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
FOX News Radio has a great opportunity for a technically strong and motivated Audio Network Operator and Podcast Production Operator. The Audio Network Operator and Podcast Production Operator will provide technical oversight over all FOX News Radio platforms including FOX News Radio's terrestrial operation, FOX News Talk, and FOX News Headlines 24/7.
You will be offered the following shift: Either Sun – Thurs or Mon – Fri, 11 PM to 7 AM, ET
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor outbound & return paths across all FOX News Radio platforms
• Edit and time out FOX News Talk programming for re-feeds
• Troubleshoot operational, CPU, and automation issues
• Coordinate reporters for live shots within newscasts and breaking news events
• Run the control board for live coverage, pre-tapes, and overall production
• Work closely with engineering, IT, and editorial staff in a fast-paced news environment
• Assist newsroom staffers with technical issues
• Follow show rundowns to ensure the program runs smoothly
• Focus on improving the quality of our FOX News Podcasts products, including adjusting guests' sound, inserting music beds, soundbites, and other effects, adding markers for ad insertion, and posting the products to the consumer page
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum of 2 years of broadcast experience
• Proficient in audio editing software
• Good interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of ENCO and Adobe Audition
• Familiarity with running an audio console
• Interest in the news cycle
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• You must be available to work weekends
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.