Audio Assistant / A2
FoxNew York, NY
We are looking for a Freelance Audio Assistant/A2 to join our Fox News family and New York operations team creating daily live and VOD content for Fox News Channel. The Freelance Audio Assistant/A2 works directly with the FNC/FBN audio engineer and crew for our live and live-to-tape shows at our New York facility.
** This is a freelance-based role, and you must be flexible to work on multiple shows over varied hours and days.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Mic guests as needed for live and as-live production
• Assist in the maintenance of audio equipment under the direction of the A1
• Strong communication skills are a requirement
• Move and organize furniture and set pieces in the studio prior to and following the shoot
• Other tasks as directed by the A1 or manager
• Provide immediate solutions in the event of equipment failure or other audio problems
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Must have 3 years of experience working in a television studio operation or field environment
• Strong ability to react quickly to changing requirements
• Must have knowledge of RF frequencies and be able to troubleshoot when necessary
• Need to be familiar with microphone techniques for both field and studio
• Effective ability to plan ahead, identify possible problems, and possess strong troubleshooting skills
• You should have an understanding in the aesthetics of microphone cabling and IFB wiring
• Ability to work weekdays, weekends, overnights, and holidays is a must
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of Yamaha RIO & Calrec Hydra I/O boxes
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.