Associate Writer, Fox& Friends
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a motivated Associate Writer to join the # 1 National Cable Morning Show, Fox & Friends, and Fox & Friends First. As the Associate Writer, you'll write compelling and conversational copy to pull viewers in on a wide variety of topics. The Associate Writer's grammar and news judgment should be solid with a clear comprehension of current events.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write VOs, VO/SOTs under deadline pressure
• Research and craft stories in a way that resonates with our viewers
• Create graphics and edit video via your desktop
• Communicate critical story information with managers
• Pitch story ideas
• Craft bold banners that stand out
• Scour social media for elements or information that the competitors missed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 1 year of writing and/or television experience
• Exceptional scriptwriting skills, news judgment, and grammar
• Flexibility to work both weekend and weekday overnight hours
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, and history
• Ability to work harder & faster during breaking news without compromising accuracy
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.