Full Time Job
Fox News is seeking an Associate Producer for our D.C. Bureau. This newsroom covers Washington D.C., the White House, and politics for all FNM platforms. The team, consisting of field producers, associate producers, and beat producers, generates various content including live shots, news packages, special events, and beat specific stories.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Generate story ideas for D.C. bureau coverage that inform, educate, and inspire Fox audience
• Write creative, attention-grabbing story pitches on behalf of reporters
• Copy edit story pitches (story descriptions) written by D.C. based reporters
• Look for ways to add depth to the story through unusual or compelling elements
• Perform extensive research on story pitch topics to give all facts available
• Flag and address questionable points made in story pitches written by others
• Make sure reporters meet story pitch deadlines
• Help reporters set up appropriate interviews, gather elements and build out stories for live shots, packages or politics pieces
• Produce reporter live shots on occasion
• Enhance D.C. Bureau story-telling
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience in producing/researching for news organization
• Availability and willingness to work a variety of shifts including weekends, holidays, and late nights and/or early mornings
• Ability to respond to breaking news story pitch adjustments
• A valid U.S. driver's license
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.