FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/25/2022 6:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Producer postings
Full Time Job
FOX Weather is a weather service that provides critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather provides audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
Fox Weather has a great opportunity for an Associate Producer! As the Associate Producer, you are responsible for pitching stories, compiling research, coordinating video and graphic elements, and working hands-on with our on-air meteorologists. The Associate Producer will need strong writing and production skills to produce informative and compelling content. The Associate Producer will help support the team in breaking weather, including sourcing the best user-generated content. You love the idea of being part of a launch team, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Head of Programming.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch stories on a daily basis, with topics ranging from the most important breaking weather news to features on weather-related stories of interest
• Produce and write segments for FOX Weather programming
• Find the best sound bites, videos, and graphics to build the most informative and compelling segments
• Write banners, cut videos, and on occasion, book guests all while quickly responding to breaking weather news
• Identify strong user-generated content from multiple sources, ensuring the best elements are incorporated into FOX Weather coverage
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 2 years of news or segment-producing experience
• Must have a passion for covering weather and its impact on people's lives
• Experience in a live control room
• Experience writing/producing segments
• Ability to meet quick deadlines and react to breaking news
• Social media savviness
• Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
• Must be willing and available to work all shifts
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Bachelor's degree or related experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.