FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fox News is looking for a talented, highly motivated, and proactive Associate Producer. As the Associate Producer, you are a creative storyteller with sound editorial skills and in-depth knowledge of the news. You know what it takes to stop the viewers from changing the channel. The Associate Producer is confident in securing interviews with high-profile politicians, newsmakers, and celebrities. You perform your best under deadline pressure and know what it takes to get the exclusive. You have excellent people skills and recognize the importance of building and maintaining relationships with potential guests & your co-workers. The Associate Producer understands the level of dedication required to work at the #1 cable news channel.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct in-depth research and pre-interviews on a wide range of topics
• Write intros for your segment and coordinate production of all relevant sound, video, and graphics
• Identify strong guests, cultivate relationships, and confirm bookings for the show
• Track down difficult-to-find people using social media & other tools
• Pitch unique stories and guests of interest to our audience
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Relevant work experience
• Strong knowledge of news, politics, and current events
• Strong writing skills and editorial judgment
• Familiarity with popular influencers, commentators & opinion makers
• Ability to establish/build positive relationships with guests and high profile newsmakers
• Ability to maintain those relationships when bookings need to be canceled or rescheduled
• Willingness to see the big picture, and put the show's best interests above all else
• The knowledge that the news never stops and some work may be required outside regular hours
• Talented in finding the best part of a story and making it matter to a national audience
• Ability to multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
• Skillful in prioritizing assignments and meeting deadlines
• Creative and experience with thinking 'outside the box'
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Bachelor's degree
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York - the business capital of the world - FBN launched in October 2007 and currently ranks among the top business channels on television. The network is available in nearly 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX Corporation, FBN is a unit of FOX News Media and has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.