FoxNew York, NY
Associate Producer, The Evening Edit
We are looking for a Freelance Associate Producer to join the Evening Edit! As the Freelance Associate Producer, you produce guest segments and reporter hits. During the show, you keep a sharp eye out for breaking news headlines, turning around news video and sound.
You will be offered the following shift: WEEKDAYS (10:15 AM-7:00 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write scripts
• Create banners and graphics
• Find video to best illustrate the story
• Use video, graphics, and sound bites to help illustrate stories and to help set the segment apart from the herd
• Pitch stories and guests and handle research for a variety of topics
• Fact check claims by guests in real-time and watch the competition
• Keep a sharp eye out for breaking news headlines from a host of sources, including wire services, online news sites, and Twitter feeds of various newsmakers and elected officials
• Identify and flag that breaking news, communicate that breaking news to the control room staff, and help to produce it out
• Write copies to reflect the news and source the news, corroborate the news with our own network sourcing, and build elements to help tell the story; copy should be fact-based yet colorful, and it should push the story forward instead of rehashing an earlier headline
• Conduct thorough topical research as requested, based on show direction and stories of interest
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1 year of experience as an Associate Producer within a daily News program
• Proven experience as a skilled teases writer with writing that is catchy and attention-grabbing, without giving away too much of the story
• Strong grasp of a wide range of News-worthy topics, particularly where economic, financial and political issues intersect
• Solid grasp of writing for TV News
• A passion for breaking news
• Comfortable pivoting on a dime to react to breaking news
• Comfortable dealing with high-profile talent and guests
• A can-do attitude and a zest for teamwork
• Careful listening skills
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York - the business capital of the world - FBN launched in October 2007 and currently ranks among the top business channels on television. The network is available in nearly 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX Corporation, FBN is a unit of FOX News Media and has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.