FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/30/2021 3:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Producer postings
Full Time Job
A truly exciting opportunity to work on one of Cable News' top primetime programs. As an Associate Producer on ''The Ingraham Angle,'' you are exposed to a number of disciplines -- from research and booking to topic origination and pre-interviewing prominent guests. This position opens you up to every facet of news and does so in a fast-paced environment that will propel you to a lasting career in cable news.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitching stories/guests – This is a highly inventive broadcast in terms of story and guest placement. This is where you will learn the fastest about what works and what doesn't – thus honing your editorial abilities. Pitching off show hours is strongly encouraged as we always want to be a forward-looking show
• Compiling research packets – Research packets are the foundation of the anchors' preparation and in-show performance. It is imperative that this role is filled with someone who can sort through all the details and highlight the facts that matter within each given segment
• Conduct pre-interview with guests – You will talk and engage with guests about their topics, probing them for any useful information which will then help the anchor conduct the best interview/debate possible
• Pitch/cut audio and visual elements for your segment – This show excels at explaining stories through the use of visuals and sound. We encourage individuals to be creative with how best to tell the story their segment is attempting to get across. AP's are responsible for sourcing and cutting these elements.
• Booking guests in the event of breaking news
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least a college degree – graduate degrees are not required but certainly not discouraged
• At least 1 year of news production experience on a national level
• A thirst for news – always paying attention to the narratives, controversies, debates driving the day
• Familiarity with iNEWS, DALET, VIZ precut is not required but disciplines in all three are a bonus and will eventually be necessary to succeed in this role.
• Ability to work well in a team setting and have the social skills needed to communicate effectively with team leaders, the anchor, and show leaders
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.