Associate Producer / Writer, Fox News Daytime
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2023 2:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Producer / Writer, Fox News Daytime jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Producer / Writer, Fox News Daytime postings
Full Time Job
Fox News Daytime is looking for a motivated and creative Associate Producer/Writer! As an Associate Producer/Writer, you will write compelling and conversational copy on a wide variety of news topics. You have exceptional scriptwriting skills and impeccable grammar. Your news judgment is exemplary and you have knowledge of and passion for current events and politics. You will need to work well under constant deadline pressure.
You will be assigned the following shift: Monday - Wednesday from 6 AM - 2 PM, ET; Saturday - Sunday from 8 AM - 6 PM, ET
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Research and craft stories in a way that resonates with our viewers
• Write compelling scripts and bold banners under deadline pressure
• Work with various show producers and anchors to manage live shots and handle guest segments
• Coordinate elements for your stories, including video and graphics and scour social media for elements or information the competitors missed
• Communicate critical information with showrunners and field producers
• Stay on top of latest editorial information, and communicate changes in a fast-paced atmosphere
• Pitch story ideas
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 3+ years of major market newsroom experience
• Exceptional script writing skills, news judgment, and grammar
• Superior understanding of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media networks and applications
• Solid news judgment and an outstanding grasp of politics and current events
• Substantial control room and breaking news experience
• Working knowledge of iNews, VIZ, and desktop editing preferred
• Flexibility to work day/night/weekend shifts as news requires it
• Team-player attitude paired with the ability to meet quick deadlines and react to rapid news developments
• Excellent comprehension of geopolitical climate and current events
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $65,500.00-82,500.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.