Associate Producer, The Ingraham Angle
Full Time Job
The ''Ingraham Angle'', one of Cable News' top primetime programs, is hiring an Associate Producer in DC. This exciting opportunity exposes you to every facet of news, including several disciplines -- from research and booking, to topic origination, and pre-interviewing prominent guests. The Associate Producer works in a fast-paced environment and can help propel you to a lasting career in cable news.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitching stories and guests
• Compiling research packets
• Conduct pre-interview with guests
• Pitch/cut audio and visual elements for your segments
• Booking guests in the event of breaking news
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• At least 1 year of news production experience on a national level
• A thirst for news – always paying attention to the narratives, controversies, debates driving the day
• Strong editorial judgement and skills
• Familiarity with iNEWS, DALET, VIZ precut is preferred, however, you must be able to learn these skills quickly to succeed in the role
• Ability to work well in a team setting and have the social skills needed to communicate effectively with team leaders, the anchor, and show leaders
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.