Associate Producer, Special Report W/ Bret Baier
This was removed by the employer on 6/27/2023 4:36:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer, Special Report W/ Bret Baier jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Associate Producer, Special Report W/ Bret Baier postings
Full Time Job
Special Report w/ Bret Baier is hiring an Associate Producer based in Washington D.C. The Associate Producer must have experience producing live television news. Excellent editorial judgment, an understanding of fair and balanced journalism, and knowledge of national politics are a must. The Associate Producer will work under extreme deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment that demands creativity to solve problems.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce segments for guests, panels, and reporter live-shots
• Research and track current events
• Create graphics and write banners
• Fact-check, write scripts, and occasionally book guests
• Monitor live news events
• Generate story pitches and ideas
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of political producing in a broadcast, print, or digital work environment
• Exceptional editorial judgment while multitasking, and prioritizing on a daily and long-term basis
• Knowledge of and interest in national politics, government institutions, and current events
• Ability to execute under a pressure-filled deadline atmosphere and to work simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while working ahead on long-term projects
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Digital tape and graphic experience
• Familiarity with iNews, VIZ, and an understanding of building program rundowns
• Flexibility to work various shifts when needed, and a willingness to travel when necessary
• Experience as a self-starter who can work independently, as well as in a team environment
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.